Confused about what which bikini wax to choose?
There is some confusion as to exactly what the “Brazilian bikini wax is and isn’t. Technically speaking there are 3 types of bikini waxes:
- The “Standard” Bikini Wax – hair is removed from outside the “standard” panty line only.
- The “Modern” Bikini Wax- want more than a Standard but scared of going all the way with a Brazilian? Try the Modern. Takes off about an inch more than the Standard on either side.
- The “Traditional” Brazilian Bikini – leaves a vertical strip in front (“landing strip”), one to two fingers in width and about 2 – 3 inches in length just above the vaginal area. Hair is completely removed from the labia and may be removed from the buttock or perennial area depending upon your comfort level and need. We can also wax you completely bare instead of a landing strip or other shape, depending on your preference. Keep in mind that you can choose to have a different shape other than a vertical strip left; anything from hearts, squares, triangles, and even letters* (* Depends on amount of hair and letter). Just ask before you begin your waxing session as there may be extra charges apply on certain designs.
The bottom line is that you can get your bikini line done any way you want. Just talk to Diana about what you would like before you start your session!
What happens when you get a Brazilian Bikini Wax?
Expect to be waxed to the max when you arrive. A disposable thong is provided when you request a Standard Bikini wax but for anything else you will be in the buff! But don’t be shy- your technician has seen it ALL!
First the hair is snipped with scissors or clippers (if needed) so the wax can reach the base of the follicles. Please don’t trim before you come in, we would rather it be too long than not long enough. Then, using a wooden stick, the technician places warm wax on the area a section at a time. WE NEVER DOUBLE DIP! As with regular bikini wax, cloth strips are placed over the warm wax and it is quickly pulled away from the skin. If there are any stray hairs after waxing, the technician may also tweeze the area. (most of the time this is not necessary). The key to allowing wax to penetrate into the follicles and provide the closest possible wax is to relax!
After a wax many women claim the treatment is not nearly as painful as it sounds or as was anticipated!
We always want you to feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you in this.
Just remember the following tips:
- If you are waxing for a “particular” event please wax 24 – 48 hours prior to the event. You won’t be in pain but your skin does need to recover.
- If you have a low tolerance for pain, take a mild over the counter pain reliever of choice 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Coming into your appointment drunk or hung-over is not recommended. It’s makes your experience much worse then it needs to be (as shocking as it sounds this happens all too often and it’s not fun for you or us!)
- In order to ensure that you have enough hair for the wax to grip properly, please do not shave or remove hair for at least 10 days prior to your wax. If the wax can not grip you WILL have some stubble left over
- Ask us about the use or purchase of the “Relax and Wax” numbing cream prior to your wax. This must be applied 20 – 30 minutes prior to wax in order to be effective
- Exfoliate your bikini line area the day of or directly before your waxing appointment.
- Just relax & don’t be shy (remember how long Diana has been doing this- she has seen it ALL!)
- Remember to breathe
- Hold skin taut. (your technician will advise you if needed)
- Avoid waxing during the time of the month when everything feels tender. We will do it with a tampon in place, however once again, it is not fun for you!
- Drinking a lot of caffeine prior to your wax can make your wax more painful
- Avoid extreme heat such as hot baths, Jacuzzi’s, sauna’s, workouts and the sun or tanning beds for 24 hours after a wax
- Fear and anticipation is ALWAYS your worst enemy
- It only gets easier as you wax more and more often
You are in the hands of an experienced professional that waxes clients all day long. Not someone who specializes in something else and only does waxing on the side. Check out some of our reviews! Experience matters when you are talking about a sensitive area like this.